The Mechanic works in a fast paced environment that is at the hub of activity in our business unit. This person will perform preventative maintenance or other routine repairs on trucks and trailers, utilizing hand tools and power tools when necessary.
• Perform preventative maintenance, including but not limited to oil changes, truck/trailer inspections, brake jobs, and changing lights, tires, belts, etc.
• Maintain the cleanliness of the shop
• Be available for roadside assistance when necessary
• Utilize equipment such as safety glasses, steel-toed shoes, various hand/power tools, welding equipment, cutting torch, extension ladder, jack, creeper, and stool for maneuvering under/around truck & trailer
• Test mechanical products and equipment after repair of assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers' specifications
· 1 year experience in fleet maintenance on tractor trailer repairs is required
· High school diploma or equivalent is required
· Courses, certificate, or diploma from vocational or technical school is preferred
· Required to pass a DOT physical
· Compliance with DOT and company regulations required
· Your own tools are required
We have an excellent compensation package: competitive pay, insurance, retirement.